Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tonight Is All About Hockey(and Drinking?)

Tonight I go to the one Blues game that I have been waiting for all season. I have been to quite a few games this seaon, but none better than this one. Tonight they retire Al MacInnis's number. I am rarely this excited about going to games.

Unfortunately, I will have to cut out early. I have a hockey game myself at 9:30 and will have to leave in the middle of the Blues game to make it on time. I bet the Blues end their 13-game losing streak, and I won't be there to see it. But, I gotta play me some hockey. I just don't get to do it as often as I want to anymore, and after the pregame ceremonies, it is just a meaningless game anyway(unless you are an Edmonton fan and need those points. Sorry, Dani, but I still gotta root for my boys.)

After my game I hope to go out and do a bit of drinnking at on of the local establishments. I have had a long week and missed my normal nights out. So, I need to make up for some lost time. Plus, yesterday was one of those days that I need to do my best to erase from memory.

Tomorrow, the Cards open the new Busch Stadium to some Major League Baseball, for the first time. For those of you who are not from St. Louis and/or are not baseball fans, the home-opener is always a big deal. And with this being their first game at the new stadium, it makes it even bigger. The Steph and I are gonna go somewhere to watch the game, as we are both off work. I hope we can get a few more people out with us, but I don't know who else is off.

Hopefully I will have some pics of the evening's festivities to post in the next few days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

Of course they broke their streak. They played the Oilers and the Oilers are streak breakers. *sigh*

10:37 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Sorry. I figured they would. Because, i had to leave early and wouldn't get to see them win. :(

Good news is that we won our game too:).

11:48 AM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

HOORAY pics!! I am waiting EVER so patiently! :) Ox...t

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home