Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cringe Worthy

I don't know if any of you have as debilitating a fear of public restrooms as I do. I HATE using them if I can avoid it. However, over the past four years, I have conquered my fear by necessity. While working over the road, I found a lot of decent restrooms. For those of you who are wondering; Burger King seems to keep up pretty well, Quik Trip gas stations are normally spotless, and sometimes you can find a good bathroom at BP gas stations. At my new place of employment, I was directed to a nice one and have found several other good backups(in case of emergency and/or the cleaning lady).

I walk a lot at my new job. Yesterday was my first day measuring it(my dad gave me a pedometer while I was in The Sticks, visiting this weekend). I walked very close to four miles yesterday. I don't know if walking has the same effect on everyone, but for me it speeds up the brewing process, if you know what I mean. So I need a good, clean restroom at some point about mid-morning.

Today, I walked into my sacred shrine and crossed paths with another man walking out. Upon entering, I noticed a rather nasty funk. Unfortunately, I was in need, in a rather bad way(damn you buffalo chicken sandwich and Bud Light), and had no time to run to one of my back ups. With two toilets to choose from, I figured I could handle the smell as long as I chose the right stall. I get a wad of TP and wipe the hell out of my chosen perch. As I sit, I notice the warmth of the seat's previous occupant embracing my buttocks. UGHHHHHHHH!

I think I will have to start using one of the backups from now on. Or I will have to discover the mythical "unused toilet". I know, with as big as this place is, and with as many nooks and crannies that there are. There has to be a mostly private room somewhere.

The search continues.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mossy Stone said...

I share your pain, brother.

Well, all except the Bud Light thing.

8:29 AM  
Blogger duff said...

of course burger king would have clean restrooms- isn't that where humpty hump (of the digital underground, of course) rapped about getting it on?

with publicity like that, they have an image to uphold....

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home