Saturday, August 12, 2006

Blog Maintenance

As you all have noticed(unless you just happened by), I have changed my blog background and text. First, I don't know if I am going to keep it this way or not, but I probably won't be going back to the regular dots thingy that I was using. This setup may not be permenant either. So, if you stop by and it looks completely different again, I probably got bored and tinkered.

Can any of you tell me where on my template I can take the light orange sidebar and move it further left and spread out the main body text? I would like the sidebar and body to take up more of the page. I am also going to try to add a pic at the top, but, don't know how successful I will be. By the time you read this I may have found the answers. At which time you may be thinking to yourself "How can he move it any further? Is he crazy/nuts/stupid?". To save you time in the future, the answer to just about every variation of that question is probably "yes". But, right now I am having no luck and I only have about an hour left before I go out for the evening.

Any comments about the new layout are welcomed.

EDIT: As you can tell, I figured out how to put a pic up, spread out the text and align everything the way I wanted to. It isn't perfect but will work for now. I think I am going to keep this layout for a little while. The pic up top is one of two pics I am going to try. This one is a bit taller than the next one. I will put up the next one in a few days. Please, let me know what you think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

SO orange. I'm just glad you still remember you ARE property of ME!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I like it - the orange suits you much better than the other layout did.

Now you just need that pic of your Cons...

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I like the new digs. I've had the same (wonderful) background for a while now, and I have to admit I'm becoming a bit bored. But I have to agree with DG, it look a lot more "Larry" than the other.

8:33 AM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Very bright & erotic feeling. I am not sure why, just is. :) Ox...t

11:21 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Dani: I won't remove the disclaimer, until you stop claiming me. I just thought the new look is a bit more me.

Steph: I will get those up when I can.

Jess: I was actually just looking for something to do on a day when I had no plans and didn't want ot go out. The "cons" DG is refering to are my bright orange Chucks. I am toying with the idea of putting them up instead of the sunset above.

Tiff: Do you think it is the pic that does it for you or the colors? The picture was taken of a December sunset in Pacifica, just south of Daly City on the PCH last year.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home