Sunday, July 09, 2006

Fortunes Are Fun

I went to the local Chinese restaurant tonight, after hockey. I do have to undo any good done by exercising, after all. When I got home I opened up the bag, lo and behold there were three fortune cookies inside. Normally, when I go they forget to put any in my bag. Score. Anyway, back to the story. While I was eating, I was also conversing with my brother's girlfriend on the phone. I get to the first fortune cookie, opened it, and the fortune read, "When you learn to be flexible, amazing opportunities reveal themselves!" Funny stuff if you know about the fortune cookie rule and you realize, that for being athletic, I am as physically inflexible as someone can be. The brother's GF and I got a good laugh about it before she had to go and attend to more pressing matters. A few minutes later, I decided I needed another cookie. As I said before, I just got done exercising and I can't keep this extra few pounds without being a glutton afterward. I opened the cookie and got a real good laugh. It read, "You are the flexible person in your present situation." The fortune cookie gods must have thought I had already heeded their advice and somehow become flexible over the course of five minutes. I gave the BGF a follow up call, got another good laugh out of it, hung up and promptly started stretching. There is much work to be done to appease the fortune cookie gods.

5 Comments:

Blogger duff said...

"....in bed"

or is there another fortune cookie rule i don't know about?

9:06 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Did the stretching help???

2:35 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

When the heck are you going to post again????

1:46 PM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

HELLO!!! I haven't been on this thing in awhile!! I didn't know you had a myspace!!! ADD ME FOO :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love the fortune cookie rule. Love it.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home