Monday, June 26, 2006

The Goal

I went to the dentist on Tuesday, last week, and got a lot of work done. But, at the moment I have temporary braces on my upper front teeth, to hold them still and the tooth that got broken off is still jagged.

Last night I had another game. This time I scored a highlight reel goal. And, I want to know, where are the cameras when you need them? This goal was definitely the prettiest goal I am ever going to score, I am a defenseman by trade and have no scoring touch to speak of. On the scoresheet it just shows an unassisted goal to make the score something like 8-0. I picked up an errant pass out of the other teams' zone, skated past 3 guys(about 6 moves involved here), got tripped as I got close to the goal line about 4 feet wide of the net, and put it in as I was floating parallel to the ice. I hate playing with my new face cage, but if I play like this I may well have to consider liking the damn thing.

Anyhow, it might not be that exciting to most of you, but I felt I had to share.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I totally understand.

I hear about stuff like that all the time and I can empathize with the "where's the camera when you need it" issue.

I bet it was a sweet goal

Well done!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home