Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Good Week And It's Only Tuesday

This morning I got up and went in to my new place of employment to fill out some paperwork, take a drug test and schedule a physical. Oh yeah, and accept the position. I start in a little less than two weeks. I can't wait to get out of the drain business.

Next, I spent the rest of the day and part of the evening in court. I still love getting to testify to great video I shot at my old P.I. gig. Myself and another investigator got great tape of the claimant doing things that they weren't supposed to. After we both testified and showed the videotape, I happened to overhear what sort of settlement they were looking at. I found out that sometimes, even after I quit, my old job can still be fulfilling. The claimant is definitely going to have to earn a living from here on out. And, I earned a bit of money myself, as they have to pay for my time. Another plus.

After court, I went home called Big Joe, Lindsay and the Steph and we all went out to dinner. Then, we went bowling. After not bowling for about 10 years(and rarely bowling before that), Big Joe, Lindsay and I have gone out for the last two weeks. Tonight marked the third time. My highest game ever was something like 140(my average is probably closer to 90). Last week I learned how to put some spin on the ball. This week I carried over the knowledge and started honing the skill. I bowled a 172! Hell, the Steph, who probably hadn't bowled in at least 10 years rolled a 130. Next week I hope to break 200. I know it's a lofty goal for one week worth of improvement. But, I think I have the spin figured out and now it is more a matter of consistency, execution, and finding the right balls. I used a 14 pound ball for most of the frames and an 11 pounder to clean up. It seemed to work out very well.

Tomorrow, I have the dentist to look forward to. So, I hope the news is good, or it will totally kill the buzz I've got going here. Even if it isn't very good news, at least I'll have hockey tomorrow night to take the edge off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home