Thursday, September 14, 2006

ABC Posting(Check with The Steph)

Since, I was invited to do this and it is an excuse to actually blog more often, I am going to see what I can come up with. I am behind a few letter so here is A, B, and C.

A is for Armadillo Invasion

Since blowing the whistle on those damn armadillos, I have not noticed nearly as many of their corpses on the roadside. Either, they got scared and bailed on their mission or they have found a different way to infiltrate our ranks. Until further notice, be wary of that new guy in the cube down the row. You know, the one with the hunched back and long nose. He could be a spy.

B is for Bowling

I have grown to loe my Thursday night excursions to the bowling alley. The group of friends that I go with, used to play pool, but, are now hooked on bowling. We head out late(it is cheaper after 9:30p) and bowl for about 3 hours. If any of you read my previous post on bowling and my goal of a 200+ score. I have managed to achieve a 199. That last pin, just would not fall. Seriously, I bowled 3 straight strikes in frames 9 and 10 and on my last ball, rolled a 9 and wobbled the last pin. Since that night several weeks ago, I hae not even come close.

C is for Cracked. Oh, and Cheap

As in cracked sticks. Last night, while playing a game of pick up hockey, I broke both of my composite shafts. One of them was a stick that I got for $10 from a friend, so that I had a back up. I am not too upset about that one. The other one, however, has been with me for at least eight years. I am not exactly sure when I got it, but I know I got it before I got married. I have used it as a primary stick and a back up when I bought newer models. It was just the right length(I always used it to measure my new ones and cut them to size). I have never seen a shaft break like this one. It creased and would bend when I tried to shoot or pass the puck, but when you looked at it, you could not tell it was broken.

Thankfully, the Blues are having an equipment sale this weekend, and knowing people, I managed to get into the room last night to pick out a few unused, pro stock sticks that I will be getting at near half price when they start selling. At least my timing is decent. I could hae payed full price if I broke them a week ago or next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

"He could be a spy." That is hilarious. Good job on the first three!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Hey man, welcome to the game!! Way to go on the pro stock sticks!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home