Monday, September 11, 2006

Please God

If life has taught me nothing else, it has taught me that God definitely has a sense of humor. However, over the last few weeks I have managed to expand my idea on that simple concept. Take it up a notch, if you will.

In earlier posts I have mentioned the HeShe, and her affection for me. Recently, I have found myself in too close quarters with this woman, waaaaaay too often. And, every time I have been anywhere near her, one or more of my coworkers has had uncanny ability to be in the same vicinity. That is hard to do, with as big as the complex is that we work in. I have been a very easy target for quite a bit of teasing from my coworkers. And, although it is funny and helps pass the day, this poor woman still freaks me out and there are so many other ways to pass the day.

Now, what I didn’t mention above, and what any of my friends and family can tell you, is that I am famous for beating a joke to death. I can take anything, make it funny and then almost instantly (okay, not really instantly, actually it is more like painfully drawn out) take it too far or just kill it. So, my new theory is this; God, being all encompassing, has every different sense of humor. And, uses our own on us, for his own amusement. So, God, if you read this (PLEASE DEAR GOD READ THIS) will you please find someone else to torment for a few days. I could really use a rest. Or, if you could at least keep that woman from smacking my ass again, that would be great.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

"Painfully drawn out" is exactly right. :)

I'm sorry about the HeShe, but you know I can't help laughing about it. You poor thing...

If you're gonna do the ABC posting, you'd better get cracking - you're already a day behind. (But so is Tracie, so that's okay...lol!)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

OMG too funny, but so not funny, too.

Larry, if there has been unwanted physical contact, that's a sexual harassment thing and you have every right to tell HeShe to stop. Then you go tell the HR Department.

If she doesn't or they don't make her, you sue. Plain and simple.

Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have to put up with this shit.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Dude:

As much as I am laughing my ass off because its YOU and not ME, I think you have to remember that NO means NO.

"Stop smacking my ass!" when said in a loud clear voice should be effective.

If it comes down to it, file a complaint. Seriously. You don't need that shit in your life.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Kal said...

Remember... no means no... bwahahahah

Don't feel bad, Tom jones was interviewed on entertainment tonight last night (uhh... It wasn't my TV, honestly officer..) and was admitting the time his wife beat on him for his infidelities. So, there, you and Tom Jones: both powerless against women.

(But I'm guessing that's not the first time you've been compared to Tom Jones, is it?)

6:13 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Poor Larry. I'm sorry about the Shim. It's gotta be scary. Penny and Mossy are right, though - tell it no, then file complaint if it doesn't.

Oh - and what's up with the orange?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Steph: I am getting ready to try that ABC thing now.

P-Shag, Spiff, Kal, Cal: I think the problem has worked itself out on its own, as I have not seen the woman yet this week. I think she may be gone. I did tell her not to smack my ass after she did it.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Callie: I forgot. The orange is just a different way to express myself, since i was getting bored with the old template. I took the old template(there is absolutely no way I could make one from scratch) and tweeked it until I liked what I saw. One of my favorite colors is orange, so I went with it.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

If I was a crayon, I'd be orange.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home