Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flyin By

This weekend has been great. But, it has also flown by. Friday, when I got home from work I mowed the lawn, shaved my head, and went out to dinner with the Steph and a whole lotta friends. That took up my whole Friday night. We went to a pizzeria located near The Loop, called Dewey's. Hands down the best Buffalo chicken pizza ever!

I had been sick for most of the last two weeks, so I didn't set my alarm. I figured I'd let my body dictate when I should wake up Saturday. It didn't. One of my best friends was expecting me over at her place around noon. She called at 30 after to see if I was on my way. I groggily told her no. We spent the afternoon running around and went to her brother-in-law's birthday BBQ in the evening. Saturday night was spent playing hockey. Something I hadn't done in over 3 weeks. The week before I was sick, I managed to get a concussion playing roller hockey. So, until my headaches went away, hockey was out. When they went away I was sick. I played from about 10 to almost 2am. It was great, and surprisingly I felt good and played well.

Unfortunately, my Sunday, which was shaping up to be good anyway, could have been a lot better. I was again planning on sleeping in. Then, this evening I will either be playing ice hockey again, or roller, if a friend needs any subs for his team. The sleeping in thing happened again. Except this time I slept through a call from another friend who had an extra Cardinals ticket. They won on a walk off grand slam. I missed it, because I couldn't hear my phone. Oh well.

In other news, I have been invited to a wedding in October, to be held at...

...Graceland. That should be an experience. I have never been to Graceland, and to see it as a wedding guest should just add to the experience. The only problem I have with this, is that it is the same night as the Blues home opener. They should have known better. He proposed to her at a Blues game for Christ's sake. I wouldn't miss their wedding for the world, though.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend. Hope to have another post for you soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Sorry you missed the game. That sucks. Hope you're feeling better.

Graceland, huh? I never knew they rented that place out for weddings. Seems kinda . . . cheesy. Are they going to be married by an Elvis impersonator?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

Oh. Concussion. Had one of those once... Or was it twice. Wait, what was I commenting about?

5:50 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Callie: Missing the game wasn't that big of a deal. I have been to quite a few this year already. And, I am feeling quite a bit better, except now I'm really sore from two nights of hockey. :)

Ren: This was my third, so yeah, I'm wondering when my mind is goin to go all mushy on me.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home