Monday, November 17, 2008

Bum Knee

This weekend had it's ups and downs. I went out late Friday night to play a bit of pick-up hockey with some friends (up). I was awakened before I was ready by my work pager and had to go in to fix some stuff (down). When I left work, there were snow flurries flying around (up). Later, I went out for my cousin's birthday dinner and then a bar for live music (up), but couldn't drink (they had one of my favorite beers on tap, very few people do) because I was on call and driving (down). Got called in again at just after midnight, while still out with my cousin (more down). Sunday, I got to sleep in, went to coach my kids (not really MY kids), then played in a game right afterward. We won the game, our win streak is now at 3 games, as is my goal scoring streak (all ups). Near the end of the game one of the goons on the other team hit one of my guys from behind. He had been doing this all game, had even hit me earlier, but it just wasn't the right time to get even. With the score at 5-2 in our favor, this guy hit my teammate very dangerously and I finally completely lost my temper and went after him. After I hit him and he came at me, I planted my foot awkwardly and tweaked my left knee. So, today, for my efforts I get to limp around and hope that the pain starts to subside. If not, I may have actually done some real damage this time.

4 Comments:

Blogger derrik dyka said...

we just started pickuphockeyfinder.com if you know anyone that would want to have their game posted for free let me know.

9:12 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

The road to the final count ... down.

I should have been with You
and fixed it with a karate kick ;-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Anna, somehow I think a karate kick while wearing an ice skate might be considered attempted murder. I wouldn't want your jail-time on my conscience. :P

And, me knee feels better after walking on it all day yesterday. Hopefully it gets better today too.

5:51 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

:-)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home