Sunday, November 02, 2008

My Weekend

This weekend is normally a pretty big one for me. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it is directly followed by my birthday. But, as you may have figured from my previous post, I was involved with some friends that were having a much bigger weekend than I would have. They got married and I was the best man. It started Friday with a rehearsal dinner and rehearsal in the small village of Elsah, Illinois. The town was pretty neat at night, however, it was spectacular on Saturday. It was a rare Indian Summer day. 70 degrees and sunny, with leaves ranging in colors from brown to maroon, red, yellow, orange, green and even a bit of purple. They were as bright as I have ever seen leaves in the fall. And, I spent three falls in the Poconos, which are famous for their fall foliage.

The wedding was held at a beautiful little Methodist church in town. The wedding went off without a hitch and we went on to the reception at a local country club. I met quite a few really cool people. After the reception was over and I had gone back to my friend's house to help his mom feed their cats and dog, I went over to another friend's house to a Halloween party, that I was not dressed for. Had some fun there and went to bed. I got up and drove back out the River Road to Grafton, Illinois, just up the road from Elsah, for a gift opening party. I got out there early and took my camera so I could take a few pictures of the church and some of the changing leaves. I have lived most of my live within 20-30 minutes of this wonderful drive and have never seen it so beautiful as it was this weekend. Hopefully the pictures I took while driving will turn out. From there I went directly to coaching and my hockey game, out to dinner with some other friends and now I am waiting for my laundry to get done so I can throw it into the dryer and go to bed.

It was a great weekend, but, now I need a few days off to have some time for myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Wow, sounds like a beautiful and eventful weekend. Happy belated birthday! All the best, and may the next year of your life be full of suprises, adventure and happiness...

2:07 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Such an eventful weekend! :) Happy belated birthday. I heard about your exploits from Steph on Sunday. Next time there's a brunch, you must show as well!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw man! we were even in the same state and i didn't realize... i knew i felt closer to you haha.
sorry i missed your birthday, hope it was a good one and hopefully i'll get to talk to you soon.
also, sorry i never got back to the text today, really busy day for me, working a case with al...
so far so good.
and good luck with everything man, i'll catch you later.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home