Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Anyone Moving?

If so, don't ask me for help. Today I helped my brother get the stuff he left in St. Louis, several years back, when he moved overseas, onto his truck so he could head west. Thank God he lives simply. Over the past few weeks I have helped my sister move(this was a long process invovling several evenings and a few truck loads, as well as, helping her arrange her bedroom furniture when she was finally all moved in-I still owe her because of her effort before my move to Philly), my friend Roy(a day off), and my brother(another day off). I am done helping people move for a few months.

Thankfully, my boss called this afternoon and told me I am off tomorrow(although, by getting the second day off, I am now headed out of town next weekend). I really need a day off, without helping someone move or paperwork, just to relax. This weekend was a long one. After helping Roy on Friday, I worked 10+ hours on Saturday, 16 hours on Sunday and another 8 to finish on Monday. Add in the bit of paperwork I did not finish in my van and had to finish last night(another 2 hours) and I put in a weeks work this weekend.

Sorry, I have not been keeping up with everyone, I just don't seem to have the time most days and when I am on my computer and online I am normally busy doing paperwork and conversing with friends. Hopefully, we will slow down sometime in the near future and I can resume posting those mind-numbing entries that I love to try to entertain you all with.

The good thing to come out of the past few days is that I got to spend a bit of time with my brother and his girlfriend(Chele, in case you actually stumble across this, you are my favorite of my older brothers' girlfriends :P). My brother, as promised, brought me the 2300 year-old piece of pottery. The Steph thinks it is pretty anticlimatic, because of its size. I think it is one of the coolest things ever though, I mean, how many people have pieces of pottery from over 2000 years ago.

There it is. The brother says it was from some sort of bowl probably. It is half of a small handle. The piece is from a site in Sicily. So cool, I am very excited by this. I have no idea what I am going to do with it yet but will figure out a way to display it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know, I am okay. I am still pretty busy and could be for another month or so, so please bear with me. I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. I am going to enjoy what is left of mine(I know Wednesday is technically not a weekend, but, in my line of work, you learn to take what you can get).

8 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

I have this one rock that I'm pretty sure was old when the Earth was new... :p

Relax, Larry... Drink a beer or two. Remember those of us that labor from sundown to sunup every day.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I hated third shift. My body never got used to it, thankfully I only had to tough it out for about 4 months(school sucked for those 4 months).

Relaxing is exactly what I plan on doing.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Ooooh that is so cool, Larrikins!

My brother-in-law is Egyptian and his Mom has a set of Mummy beads that they figure are from the old to middle kingdom. I actually held them in my hands...and shook like a leaf.

Don't you wish that piece of pottery could talk?

4:58 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

no pressure! be here when you can my dear!

6:12 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

I'm selfish...get back here...NOW.

Nah...just kidding. Take it easy Larry.

Wow...I've been so nice to you lately.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

Egyptians were into the freaky stuff with the beads? Weird.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

ha ha lab boy!!

I moved on 12-23-04 with the worst ice storm Dallas has seen in awhile.. I moved from the third floor to the third floor.. I had 18 rubbermaide toats and not to mention lamps, rugs, etc.. i had some friends help me with the big stuff but otherwise I moved myself... So this truck now bears the label.. (YES I HAVE A TRUCK AND NO I WILL NOT HELP YOU MOVE) where were my friends at when i moved?? EXACTLY by a warm fire rosting marshmellows or some shit!!!

11:34 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

oh gee thanks.

so this is why you didn't return my calls:

"I am done helping people move for a few months."

hmmmmpppph!!!!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home