Sunday, October 09, 2005

Damn, Yippee, And Happy Birthday

Second home game of the young season, second loss I have witnessed in person, third time I found myself cursing Lalime. The boys put up six goals and played a good second period, yet we could not win. With supect goaltending and defense and no real scoring threat to speak of(until Tkachunky gets back in game shape) it could be a long season. Hopefully, the defense matures quickly, because, they have potential. And, hopefully, Lalime remembers how to actually stop a puck sometime soon.

After leaving the arena and changing from my Blues jersey(Jackman-injured) into my Cardinals jersey(Rolen-injured. Yeah, I curse players by buying their jerseys) Big Joe and I headed to a local bar to catch the late baseball game. This is the one time I was not cursing MLB for giving us the shitty, small market start times. We arrived ordered our food/drinks and settled in to watch a great baseball game and some very wonderful scenery(I am thinking of making that bar my sports watching venue from now on). One of my best friends from childhood was in attendence and happened to walk by about the 5th inning and we caught up. The Steph showed up a few minutes later and about killed the kid with a bear hug(she hadn't seen him in two years). At least I got to see one of my teams win last night and shared a Saturday evening in good company.

Happy Birthday Dani!

11 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

THIS IS A PLEA ON LARRY'S BEHALF....

For Christmas, would someone PLEASE buy Larry a new router. One with wires that won't boot him off every ten seconds.

PLEASE?

Thank you.

(wv: gutskwvz...LOL!)

6:55 PM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Glad you had a lovely weekend! ;) Ox...t

9:46 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Penny, you know if you just took a bit of responsiblilty, this wouldn't be so hard to take. :P

Rake, face it he either needs to shape up or sit. Those guys that you say were screening him, were making 1-2 saves that he was not in position to make. Although, really they were only delaying the inevitable.

TIFF! Glad to have you back and thanks.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Beer and baseball....

I miss St. Louis.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

I love hanging out with old friends, saying, "remember when?" mine is usually followed by a "I am so sorry" I always seemed to get in trouble or get my friends in trouble HA HA

10:30 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thank you!! :D

Sorry about your blues. Hopefully they get on track soon.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Lalime had good defense infront of him in Ottawa. Maybe he really does suck.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I could be more responsible, Larry, but you wouldn't like it. I'm no fun when I'm responsible.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

So for my birthday you no longer have the disclaimer??? Thats not a very good birthday present!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Jess, you could always watch the Royals :P

KR, the friend we saw, we totally corrupted, growing up. He was about 3 years younger than us and we made him grow up pretty fast. It was fun though.

Dani, you're welcome, and I do to, but, I will root for them and bitch about hem all season long even if they finish dead last.

Paul, I think he needs a good kick in the ass, maybe send him down so he can work on his confidence. He proved he wasn't a fluke in Ottawa, but, he has to stop something.

Rake, the reason we aquired a high proile guy like Lalime is because we werent going to have the greatest defence after the cap. He definitely needs to find his niche. Those two guys standing in it made saves on shots that would have gone in if they weren't there. Lalime was already down and out of position(I know, I was sitting about 10 rows behind him at the time).

Pammy, glad to hear you finally got that car you have been working toward. Thanks for the love letter. Wondering what I am wearing? Are you getting enough sleep?

P-Shag, okay, I'll let you slide this time. And, maybe a few more times. And, naybe a bit more after that.

Dani, sorry, I put up the quote and forgot to place the ownership disclaimer back at the end. Problem solved.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Whew. I'm very happy to see that back!!

I also would be the same if the Oilers were losing. So far so good.. but I think its only a matter of time. I may LOVE my team but due to past years I don't have a whole lot of faith LOL

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home