Friday, October 07, 2005

This Hockey Season, So Far...




I have watched one game and attended another and have definitely not been impressed with the play of our new "All-Star" goaltender. I have also noticed that if the Blues could actually come out to play in the second period instead of just skating in a haze, we might be 1-1 and the score in the first game would have been a helluva lot closer. I still love the fact that hockey is back and just hope my team can put three solid periods together. If so I think we have a shot of actually, winning enough to at least keep our 25 year playoff streak alive. I am being realistic here, I know this is not a Cup contender in St. Louis this year.

This is my first hockey season as a single man since high school and it is shaping up to be a good one. I have already been to 2 games including preseason and am going again tomorrow night(Thanks Big Joe!). I can't wait to actually see a good game, then I will be really pumped.

5 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I can't take credit for the frowny face, I found it online and thought it was perfect.

Sorry about the Sawks(although I have to be honest and tell you I was rooting for Chicago)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm going to utter blasphemous words here...I. Don't. Like. Hockey.

However, I am totally glad that your season is shaping up well. May your games be plentiful and full of beer?

Am I forgiven?

4:26 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

Oh, relax... The season's just started.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Larry, it could be worse. You could be stuck up here as a Leafs fan. The only reason we get to see the Stanley Cup is because the Hockey Hall of Fame is right downtown.

Jess: Larry might be more inclined to forgive you if you alter your wish to the following:

May your games be plentiful and full of beer? May you also find a woman who shares your love of hockey and will shag you witless after each game."

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, what Mossy said...

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home