Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Curses

I am cursed and it affects others adversely.

Some of you may remember, back in November, I participated in an auction for charity and won a game worn jersey from one of my favorite hockey players. As of 2 days ago my ability to jinx a player by buying and wearing their jersey is still in full effect.

So far, I have cursed 4 players:

Peter Forsberg- The best all around hockey player in the world. I managed to get my hands on a jersey from his Swedish team, Modo, about 5 years ago. He has been oft-injured since.

Barrett Jackman- I bought his jersey during his rookie year and after winning rookie of the year, he came out the next year and hurt his shoulder and missed most of the season.

Scott Rolen- Bought his jersey during the world series run the Cardinals had a few years ago and the next season toward the beginning of the season he hurt his shoulder, came back a few times but never got back all the way.

And finally,

Jamal Mayers
- I won his jersey in an auction and as of 2 days ago, he is out for 6-8 weeks with a broken foot.

The only good news from the situation is that with the "fire sale" the Blues are putting on right now, the only thing that is keeping Mayers from getting traded to a contending team, is his injury. So, he will hopefully be around for a few more years in blue.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

aw, Larry I still love you, anyway.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Ohhh...*that* curse.

Sorry about your Bluenotes, man...but it was going to happen sooner or later. So it wasn't *just* you.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

See, you didn't jinx him. You saved him.

I like to put a spin on everything.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

At least you're not holding on to a Mike Danton jersey...now *that* would be bad luck.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

NO MORE BUYING JERSEY'S!!! ha ha...

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home