Monday, June 19, 2006

The Real One, Damnit

First, let me apologize to any of you who are still checking this site, for not posting in close to two months. Nothing all that post worthy has happened. However, sometime this week-reason for not being sure of date or time, coming shortly- I have an interview for a new job. The drain thing just isn't paying what it was supposed to, for numerous reasons. All of which are out of my control.

Okay, now on to the reason for this post. As all of you know, I love hockey. Watching, playing, even walking into a rink and getting a whiff of that ice(yes, it has a smell). For some reason, last night, a sacrifice to the hockey gods was required. Whose shoulders, nay, whose mouth did this burden land upon. Yep, you guessed it. Mine. I lost a second tooth(or most of one) last night and loosened yet another. The bad thing about it is that the one next to it is already mostly fake from a previous hockey incident. Now both my front teeth are going to be fake. And who knows what they are going to be able to do with the canine that is loose.

I don't know why they make dental insurance, when they make it impossible to use. After spending all morning on the phone and online trying to get into an insured office I gave up and called one of my old coaches. Who happens to be a dentist and should give me a cheap price. Tomorrow my teeth should be back to their regular state, and then on to an interview.

4 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Hope everything turns out well, Larry.

Welcome back - we've missed you.

Oh, and never apologize for life getting in the way of blogging. Ever.

6:16 AM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Missed you! Wishing you all the luck with your interview! I hope everything turns out A OK with the dental problem. Insuranc ein general is HORRIBLE to deal with! Ox...t

10:11 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Oh God, Larry - dental insurance is the bain of my existance right now. My oldest fell and knocked her front tooth out. On a Saturday evening. Guess what? Instead of not freaking out about the ton of blood that was pouring out of my 10 year old's mouth and calling the closest emergency dentist in my area, I was supposed to calmly call the insurance company who would attempt to get me into one of their covered dentists so any service would be covered.

Right.

THe insurance refuses to pay for anything the emergency dentist did. Asshats.

btw - Missed you!!! Good luck with the interview!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Um, if you keep loosing teeth, you're gonna have to move on down here to Louisiana, and maybe even get pregnant.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home