Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Quick Hello

As I sit here in the cabin in the quaint little Rocky Mountain town of Estes Park, I have a moment to scan my favorite blogs and post a little something myself. Halfway through this trip, I can say this is one of the best trips I have taken in a long time. I only knew one of the five other people that I was sharing a cabin with before I got here. All of the others are pretty damn fun. I been to a few concerts, tried a Rocky Mountain oyster while someone else had to eat a whole one (ugh), and been on a five mile hike in the national park. We also partied at our cabin with one of the coolest groups of guys I have ever met. All the guys from the band Albannach.

I witnessed a solo bagpipe performance on a lonely foggy lake high up in mountains. It was almost surreal, and definitely one of those "wow" moments in life. People started hiking in as Brendan was finishing his performance. He had to do an encore for a half dozen hikers. I wonder what it sounded like as they hiked toward us through the trees?

The only bad part so far has been that my phone crapped out on me so I can't transfer any of my pictures to my computer until I get home and can mess around a bit with it. I have some great pics and even some video of the pipe performance on the lake. I will be back to actually commenting on all of your blogs in a few more days. Cheers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip... Enjoy every minute!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Praying for Snow said...

I agree. I'm jealous! :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Oh - the bagpipes on the lake sounds fantastic. Hope you can upload the video for us!

Enjoy your trip, and come back wit all kinds of tales.

Cheers!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

I hate you just a little bit for this. I hope you know that. :P

Seriously though, it sounds like you're having a great time. Maybe Preston and I should go to that festival some time. I absolutely LOVE that part of the country.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home