Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"...you don't embarrass the team and you carry yourself with class and good character. I've told him before, there's more to the game than just lacing up the skates. There are things you have to be accountable for." -Brett Hull, former NHL great and Dallas Stars co-GM, on a horrible statement made by Dallas forward Sean Avery.

I had to post this quote. It's kinda like a "pot calling the kettle black" statement. One former classless player calling a current classless player, um, classless.

Hey Brett, last I checked, YOU SHOT A PUCK AT YOUR COACH'S HEAD and still had not apologized. You are right. But if someone chooses to listen to you on the subject of character and class, their ability to reason and make good decisions should be questioned.

I guess this is a "do as I say, not as I do" sort of moment, eh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Avery really is a piece of work, and he never met a microphone or camera he didn't like. Maybe the media can help the situation by ignoring him. Of course, if teams keep signing him, then then only have themselves to blame...

However, there's no excuse for his lip.

Dear Sean: Please shut up.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What did Avery actually say? There's no link to an article.

And I agree that Hull needs to shut it. Really.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Sean Avery is a piece of trash that needs to be treated as such and tossed.

He's a thug and a bully and a hot tempered jackoff.

Best thing the league could do is send him packing. There are plenty of guys that could do what he does without being an embarassment to the entire sport.

He's such an asshole and if I were Alisha Cuthbert, I'd be stalking him with a baseball bat. Hell, I'm not Alish and I'd do it for her anyway.

(Was this post too Pregosaurus Rex?)

5:36 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Mr. Stone, amen.

Steph, you now know what he said...

P-Shag, I think that was rather rational for a pregosaurus rex. I agree whole-heartedly. Except poetic justice would be using a hockey stick instead of a baseball bat. :P

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...sloppy seconds"
i think i've said that a few times in my life... I've never gotten a 6 game suspension though.

i definitely think he should be disciplined, but i really think that the NHL has it out for him. He's just one of those players who is talented, but not talented enough to pull off what a douche he is...

... Well at least the flyers don't have any ridiculous suspensions this season... yet.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

If you are a hockey player and you are going to trash talk someone like that, you do it on the ice, to their face. You don't do it in front of a TV camera.

He deserves to be suspended, but not by the league. He needs to be benched by his coach and fined by the league.

People are hitting dangerously enough to kill someone and get three games. Six for trash talk is a bit much.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home