Monday, November 24, 2008

But Who's Buying

These are the NHL's commercials for their broadcasts on the only network that airs national telecasts. They portray hockey players as they are. Most are very approachable and I have not known any to be primadonnas in recent years. You non-hockey fans tell me if they would sell the game to you, I'm kinda biased.

I love these commercials, but the only time I see them is during NHL hockey games on the channel that is broadcasting those games. The league isn't in financial trouble anymore, but I don't see the point of advertising hockey during hockey. The fans already know it is there. They need to try to reach a different market I think. Although, in my opinion, the only way to make a non-fan a fan is to take them to a game. It is hard to follow the game on TV if you don't know what you are watching.







3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually really like these ads (especially Malone's), but without George Parros' mustache they are useless! Useless, I say!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

braydon coburn is all that is man. Keep an eye on him, i feel like he's going to be probably one of the greatest defensemen in the history of the flyers

6:51 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Braydon Coburn reminds me of Darcy Tucker. Don't think Tucker's ever gone through a playoff season without looking like he kissed the front end of a moving Mack truck..and he continues to play.

These are great ads.

They wouldn't make me watch hockey, though.

I just don't like the game.

I do like how they show the "second string" guys. I love how they show you they play for the love of the game, and not the money and fame.

That's why I prefer to watch the CFL instead of the NFL. Guys in the CFL play because they love football, not because they make ridiculous amounts of money and are worshipped like Gods. The "Not Fun League" thinks way too highly of itself.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home