Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm Beginning To See A Pattern Emerging

Tonight my men's league hockey team won our fourth straight game. I also scored a goal for our fourth straight game. Tonight was the second game in a row I scored the game winner. Although tonight's goal was one I had never scored before. I scored the goal with my left butt cheek.

The best goals are the ones that you don't really have to do much work for. All of the other three goals were of the highlight reel variety. Two of the three were off of great passing plays from my teammates where I didn't have to do anything but hit the right spot on the net and the other was an end to end rush where I moved around four of the other team's skaters and beat the goalie with a backhand through the five-hole. I remember goals that I score, because as a defenseman I don't score too many. Tonight, I just skated into the slot and one of my teammates shot the puck off of my bum and it bounced into the net.

I don't know how much longer the team I play for will be together. The team has been together for about four years and has been changing a lot over the last several sessions. We subtracted a few guys and added a few more this session. The new guys have definitely brought a new energy with them. I love playing on this team because everyone has a great attitude and they just want to have fun. There is a great mix of guys from from one guy in his mid-fifties* to a few 18 and 19 year-olds. We ended our regular season tonight with a 4-7-1 record. But we are going into the playoffs knowing that we can beat all of the other teams if we play the way we have played the last four or five games.

Now I am going to go to bed and hope that the bruise that is forming on the left side of my derriere isn't too bad when I wake up for work in a few hours. I hate the late night games, I just can't fall asleep when I get home.



*As a side note, there is nothing like sitting in the locker room after a game and hearing a guy who is old enough to be my father talking about being pissed off that he missed the Crystal Method show at some local venue a few weeks ago. Then referencing Paul Van Dyk and Underworld. Seriously, blew my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goosechild said...

Side note = fantastic. It's moments like those that are some of the most savory spices of life.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home