Friday, January 16, 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That was a sigh of contentment, folks.

I love it when a plan comes together. I have been trying to figure out how in the world I was going to pay for everything I needed to and still fit in a ski trip this year...I did. And I just booked a much overdue trip up to Philadelphia for a long weekend at Midwinter Festival, a Scottish/Irish music festival(with the band Albannach, YAY!), too. How I managed, I do not know. I will probably regret my decision when I actually need the money that I spent to book the airfare to that fair city. But, all of my bills are paid and I had a little bit of extra money. I have friends that will transport me everywhere(or at the very least let me borrow their cars) so a rental is unnecessary. I have a few options as far as places to stay with the same friends and since food and drink can be as expensive or cheap as I make it, that really isn't a problem. The only issue that I have now is getting tickets to the festival, which isn't a big issue at all.

As for the ski trip. I kept running through my mind how I could come up with the money. I forgot that one of the advantages of being a very poor college student who spends a whole lot of cash on school allows for large amounts of refunded income taxes. Problem solved. Although, again, I may regret the decision to spend all that money if the time comes when I really need it for something not so frivolous. But, I'll only live once, and there is no real debt coming from the trip. Park City here I come.

February is going to be an awesome month, I hope.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

I'm right there with you Larry. I owed money the last several years (well, owed or paying off) and THIS year I get a nice refund. And I'm sure there are people that will frown at me for using it for what I want to use it for but like you said...you only live once.

We're going to Disney World in April to celebrate my mom and stepdad's anniversary. And while I could save that money for something boring down the road...I would be so bummed to miss out on this trip.

So Disney it is. And hey, I'm not actually using ALL of it. Maybe I should go skiing... :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Bettina said...

You so made the right decision. I always do the same. I'm not careless with my money, but I always prefer to spend it on fun things to do rather than saving it for boring stuff. I have many times spent money on music festivals when some people might have wondered how I could afford it... But those are my priorites over security. So I'm with you on this one, all the way. I hope you will have a sensational time- which no doubt you will.

2:44 PM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Go 4 it!!!!

You will never regret it, but if You hadn't done it - You should have regret it for the rest of Your life!

(( hug ))

2:50 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Thanks ladies.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home