Monday, December 08, 2008

I Guess I Finally Have To Admit It

I'm getting older.

There, I said it. I have been avoiding that idea for the last few years, but I think that this morning is about as good a time as any to actually accept it. I have been sore for the past few weeks. Aches and pains ranging from a stiff shoulder and a bum knee to a tight back and sore elbow. After playing hockey last night, I now have two sore knees and my shoulder which had gotten better is back to being pretty stiff again.

But the final straw, and this is a doozie, I was actually checking out a 40+ year-old woman in the crowd. I found this out when I asked my 20 year-old teammate's girlfriend who she was sitting with and she told me it was his mother. I my defense, she looked like she was a whole lot closer to my 31 than her mid-forties.

I used wake up pain free, go out into the world and think that any woman who looked older than 25 was, in fact, old. Now, I wake up with aches in parts of my body that I didn't know I had, get out and think that any woman who looks younger than 25 is a kid. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until at least 40. I mean, is 31 really that old?

1 Comments:

Blogger Goosechild said...

C'mon, it's not so bad, is it? I, too, find myself geared towards those who look at the very LEAST 30, sometimes upwards of 40+. I don't care about age, I just want someone who has their head on their shoulders, has a good heart, and doesn't have a ring around their finger. It's pretty hard to find, so I figure if I stop looking something is bound to happen. *shrug*

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home