Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ahhhhh

That was fun. What a great weekend. Started out right off the plane, when we headed over to my favorite Philly cheesesteak joint, Tony Luke's. Then we headed up to the area I would be staying in/had lived in previously. On our way to my friend's house we drove through the little town that I used to live in. I tell ya, I missed the boat on this one. After I moved away it turned into the trendy town for twenty-somethings to hang out in. Lots of new bars and a brewery.

When I got up Friday morning, I talked to my friend's wife and daughter for a bit then headed out to a brewery tour of the oldest brewery in America and one of my personal favorite beers, Yuengling, with my friend Mark. First, let me thank Dr. Mark for driving and all of the costs incurred. Brother, that is why I bought that case of beer...and I can tell you that the Ichor and Rasberry were great, I wasn't really into the Saison. Save a bottle of the Icarus for the next visit, or you trip down here. The rest is yours. Next, let me say, I missed my friend Yuengling. What a great beer. We don't get it in St. Louis. Plus at the end of the tour, they had a bock beer that was soooooooo yummy. I hope they mass produce it after their limited run. It was awesome, but if it is a one time thing, I will never get it again.

After the tour, we headed back to the convention center where all types of drinking, socializing and related hilarity ensued. I remember a lot of it, but I was very, very drunk for some of it and my retelling would not do it justice. Suffice it to say it was a great weekend. Reconnected with some old friends and made some more new ones.

This week it is back to work with a ton of stuff to do before Friday. Because after that I will not be back to work for a week and a half. My ski trip to Utah starts next Wednesday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"I can't believe I have to listen to Champagne Supernova on BAGPIPES...

"Did I mention that I had to listen to Oasis' Champagne Supernova on BAGPIPES???

"Champagne Supernova on BAGPIPES!"


"Larry, I don't want to talk to you anymore..."

1:37 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Best piper in the world has to choose that damn song...horrible choice.

I can't believe I had to listen to Champagne Supernova on bagpipes. UGH!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhh that's why you bought me the case haha
thanks buddy.
hope your Utah trip is just as good

11:40 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Welcome, brother. Hope you enjoy it. I also hope you have fun during the pub crawl. I'll be hangin at mardi gras.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home