Monday, February 09, 2009

Yet Another Hockey Post

Last night, I played hockey in my rec-league. One of my friends, who I have known for a little over a year, came out to watch. In real life, I am a mild-mannered...no, I am a nice-fun-laid-back-nothing-needs-to-be-taken-too-seriously sort of guy. Mild-mannered isn't really accurate. This is all my poor friend Mandy had ever seen of me.

I tell stories every now and again about losing my temper while playing hockey. Just the general stuff, trash talking opponents, getting rough and even an occasional "fight" (not a traditional fight, there are rarely more than one or two punches thrown in these things). She kept telling me that she couldn't see me being like that. Last night, she saw it come out full force. I'm a smart ass most of the time, anyway. When I get angry, I'm downright ignorant. I must've said a few things while yelling at some other players that were pretty funny. When I got back to the locker room after the game, I had a text message on my phone. "I love angry Larry! It's so funny!" I had to laugh. She sent it to me while I was seated in the penalty box.

2 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

YOU in the Penalty box?

You HAVE to get a picture of that. I need to see it. It's now a MUST HAVE.

:-D

12:18 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

It's probably on video. I think one of my teammates had someone there videotaping the game.

Although, I'm pretty sure one of my friends' wives was taping a game a few years ago, where I just blew up when I was in the penalty box. Thanks for reminding me. I need to try to get a copy of that one. It was classic.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home