Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Back...Sorta

Vacations went very well. I got to visit the old stomping grounds outside of Philly for a few days. I hung out with some old friends and made some new ones. Then I went to Park City, Utah for skiing. I hung out with an old friend and made a few new ones there, also. Park City was fun. Who knew that the Mormons could make such good beer? There was a brew pub at the top of Main Street in town, Wasatch Brew Pub. They had a really, really, really good double bock and a very good winterfest. I would suggest that if anyone ever visits and likes their beer, to give them a visit.

The skiing was rather uneventful. We didn't get any snow, one of the days (when it was dumping several feet of snow across most of the rest of the United States) it was 60 degrees F near the top of the ski mountain. I fell in love with Alta Ski Resort. If their had been any fresh snow at all, there would have been so much fun terrain to get in trouble on. As it was we got ourselves down into a bowl that funneled us into a chute...very fun, but very challenging with only packed conditions.

Since I've been back, I have finally caught up on my work. I have also started a new relationship. We are in the really great stage. Getting to know one another always wanting to talk to each other. Finding excuses to see each other as often as possible. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. But, I've been here before...However, I am spending quite a bit of my spare time talking to or hanging out with this woman, so my blogging time has been cut quite significantly.

I hope everything is going well with everyone else, if of course anyone is still reading this.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Well, I'm still reading it, but that's what RSS feeds are for, innit?

Mormon beer? who knew?

Sorry to hear about the ski conditions, but I think the relationship news kinda balances that out. Does she know you blog?

5:52 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

She does know that I blog, but she is not much for the internet except to check email, which she doesn't do that often.

Mormon beer was exceptional. They definitely do it right. The double bock was possibly the best bock I have had and the winterfest was just right. The amber ale was good but not great. They also had a porter and a stout, neither of which I drink.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Good luck with the new gal. Don't stop blogging, though!

2:40 PM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

me 2 ;-)

(( hug ))

11:00 PM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

I thought You where back????

7:28 AM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Mormons make good beer? Now there's a surprise.

Congratulations on the new relationship- that's fantastic news! Very happy to hear. Don't worry about blogging too much if you're too busy living... it's great.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home