Friday, April 10, 2009

Hello Again...Again

Hello, everyone, or anyone who is still out there in blogland. Just a quick little update before the Easter holiday. So much has happened over the last few months of relative inactivity online. My special needs hockey team is gearing up for a tournament in Toronto the weekend after Easter. We have our last team practice tonight. Then they are off to the tournament next weekend. The following weekend we have a coaches vs. players game. I don't get to go to the tournament this year. I joined the team too late and don't have the funds to make the trip. Next year the tournament is in the Washington D.C. area. I will do everything in my power to make that one. I have a couple of aunts that live out there and would love to add to the trip by visiting my family. Plus, at that point I will have two seasons of coaching these kids and just won't want to miss it.

My baby brother's wife has received her visa and is in country now. I got to watch them have their legal ceremony about a month ago. She is a bueatiful, sweet young woman and they seem very happy together. I also got to meet her parents. Her family are missionaries in Honduras and are originally from Guatamala. It was fun meeting her folks. Her father speaks almost no english and her mother teaches english (as she told me, "all of my children speak english pretty well, my husband never really learned because he's sleeping with the teacher."). They are good people. This weekend I get to spend some time with the newlyweds and my other little brother and his two children, who I cannot wait to see again.

On the relationship front, everything is still going great. I can't believe how easy it has been up to this point. But, again, I still remain cautiously optimistic. I just don't know if I am ready for my heart to take another beating yet. So, I am still keeping a bit of distance for a while longer. I hope everyone has a great Easter, or Passover, or just a good weekend if you don't pratice either of those religions. Hasta Luego.

6 Comments:

Blogger Goosechild said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. I would've called you last weekend like I said I would, but I had the flu. :-(

Hit me up!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

You're brother's mother in law sounds hilarious!!!! Love that line.

Glad everything's going so well for you.

Have a wonderful Easter!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

LARRY!!!! oh my GOD what do you mean you're not coming to Toronto?!? You can crash on our couch. Hell, we have friends you can stay with.

GET YOUR ASS UP HERE, WILL YOU???? Damn it, don't make me drive down there and pick up your sorry ass!

...and bring Steph.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

You know, Larry - Penny has a point. Besides, you don't wanna get a mama mad. I think you should do it.

Oh - HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Hello Handsome .... oh of course, that too

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

How do I manage to be so out of the loop on things? And so behind?! Jeez. I'm so glad that things are going so well for you. :) Hooray!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home