Friday, August 15, 2008

I Own A Lot Of These

I own a whole lot of live Dave Matthews Band (and Dave with Tim Reynolds) albums. I even own a few concert posters form shows I have attended (like the one below, from June). But, I am really excited about the new live album that is coming out. You see, I love live albums from just about any band that can do it right. A lot of bands don't sound as good live as they do in the studio. Some bands sound ten times better, though. DMB is one of them. It is one of the reasons I like them so much.


Their newwest release, DMB Live Trax 13, is from the show that I attended earlier this year. I own a lot of live albums, by a lot of bands. This will be the first one that I will own that I will have attended the show.

If I had more time and money, I would attend as many DMB shows as I could every summer. They are just that fantastic. The energy is always high, so are most of the people. The quality of music and the way they all play to the crowd. Some people would classify them as a jam band. I won't go that far, because I think they are a bit too structured to actually be a jam band. But, the way they drag out their songs with long solos of every color, shape and size...

I would strongly recommend them to anyone who even remotely enjoys their music.

3 Comments:

Blogger lowk said...

Ever check out the Last Waltz from The Band?? That is Great! Callie got me the CD last year.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

No, I haven't. But I will now.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

The Girl and I went to a Dave concert last month up here near DC, in Virginia. The music was awesome, including the opening band. But the crowd got rowdy, smoking weed, drinking heavily, and one guy I managed to catch before his head hit the ground as he passed out in a drunken stupor. I'm all for live music, and I wish some of these so-called fans were too.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home