Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sore Loser, Part Deux

Another weekend, another hockey tournament, another 0-for. Like I said last week, I was going to be the worst player on my team. It was a toss up between myself and another guy. Right before the start of the tournament, about half of the guys that were supposed to be playing pulled out, for one reason or another. That left us with eight players and a goalie. For any of you that don't know hockey, there are five skaters on the ice and normally about 10 more on the bench. Or, two more "lines" of skaters, so you can rotate through and not get too tired.

We did have a dominant team, for the first period or so. Then, as our energy disappeared, the other teams with full benches would take advantage of our lackluster play and pour it on. We thought we were going to get one more guy for the last few games, but when he showed up, one of the other guys got hit in the eye with a puck. It was gruesome. Stitches above and below the eye and his eyelid was also cut. His eye, thankfully, was undamaged. So, there we were for the whole tourney with only eight guys. And, being in a college town, with everyone starting to return for fall semester, there was a lot of partying going on every night. For our last game on Sunday morning-AT 7AM!!!-we were short one more, due to overindulgence.

When I got home, I worked my butt off on Monday. Then, went out with one of my friends to meet a new woman he is seeing. And back to hockey on Tuesday night. I think I might be overdoing it a bit. On the last shift of the night, I pulled my groin and have been limping around all day today. Thankfully, I got to sleep in, as our evening guy, at work, is out in Sturgis and I got to go in late and got to cover his shift.

Hopefully, I'll have something else for y'all this week. Maybe I'll blog on the multiple tiger attacks that have occurred in the great state of Missouri this week. Who knew we were a hotbed of tiger activity? Maybe, Mizzou fans, but come on, I'm referring to actual tigers this time. We're turning into India, or something...

Just a side note, for those of you who hit the "tiger" link. I know The girl in the picture's step-brother (if it is the same A.B.). The only reason I bring this up, is because he had sex with her about a year before they became step-siblings. When he would piss me off, I would shut him up with comments like, "You screwed your sister, dude." and "What is incest like?" Nothing shuts someone up quicker, than bringing up their quasi-incestual past.

4 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

I had a friend who dated a guy who became her step-brother. However, I never did bring up the brother/sister thing.

Oh, and isn't that spelled incest?

Just being picky . . .

Hope your groin gets better. :-P

7:49 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I stand corrected.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"The only reason I bring this up, is because he had sex with her about a year before they became step-siblings."

Half of me is screaming "TMI!! TMI!!" and the other half of me is laughing hysterically. Please tell me that I know who this is...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

You may have met him once or twice. His name is Jason. He was one of Jennifer's best friends. I haven't seen him in years.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home