Saturday, August 23, 2008

Looking Forward

Last week was atrocious. I managed to fall behind at work by helping out my department. Nobody does my job, so when I am not doing my job, it doesn't get done. I worked really hard the last two days at work and managed to get mostly caught up. Situation under control. I finally got my last semester of classes paid off, so that I could register for my next semester of classes. So, by getting registered so late, I didn't get any of the classes that I wanted. Although, I did get classes that I needed, so it isn't really a bad situation. However, now I am very, very, very broke. My books have been bought and I have enough money for gas next week, so, I'm alright there. And, if you read my post, one of my favorite musicians passed away. But, DMB is still performing and will move on, so it looks as if I will still be able to enjoy their music for years to come.

Now that I have the bad week out of the way, the next month looks like it is going to be great. School starts Tuesday and I can't wait to get back at it. Next weekend is a long one, due to a holiday here in the states. I will be traveling down to my Dad's farm to spend it relaxing miles and miles away from the closest town. Then, I'm back to work (and school) for two whole days before I fly out to the mountains of Colorado for a Scottish festival with a very Scottish friend. Managed to snag that trip for just the cost of airfare, as my friend had already rented a cabin and I got him a huge rate cut on a rental car through another friend. So, he isn't making me share in any of those costs. For those of you that are new to my site, I love Colorado. I haven't been in the mountains without snow cover in almost 20 years. The last time I saw this friend was almost three years ago in Vegas, it should be just as much fun (although I doubt there will be midgets wearing diapers). The next weekend is going to spent down at the Lake of the Ozarks for a friend's bachelor party. I haven't been to the lake since high school.

So, as long as I can fit in my schoolwork, the next month should be awesome. Then after a few more weeks, my bachelor party friend is getting married at Graceland. Another trip, if I can afford to make a whole weekend out of it. Memphis is supposed to be a really fun city. I have only had the pleasure of driving through it (several times) on previous, P.I. road trips. It's a shame none of my old claimants stopped in Memphis, the BBQ and bar scene is supposed to be fantastic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

Oh, I hear ya on juggling work and school and having to pay for it all on top of it... Until November last year, I worked full time and studied almost full time and paid for everything myself. I was so crazy busy most of the time that sometimes I don't even remember how I did it. Plus, I had a really demanding job- not one of those, where you work 40 hours, but one of those were you work more like 50 or 55. Yeah, it was tough sometimes, but I also like being busy and I'm proud that I managed it all and did really well on top. What course do you do at school?

And good on you for going and having some fun inbetween too! You've got the right idea there.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Thankfully, my job is pretty much 40 hours a week and I don't have to take any work home with me. It can be demanding when I am there. But, it makes going to school a lot easier than it used to be when I had to work huge amounts of hours. I'm taking accounting, so, the workload for school can get a bit time intensive.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home